game of thrones challenge: [1/3] houses - HOUSE TARGARYEN
"The Targaryens are the blood of the dragon, descended from the high lords of the ancient freehold of Valyria, their heritage proclaimed in a striking (some say inhuman) beauty, with lilac or indigo or violet eyes and hair of silver-gold or platinum white. […] The Targaryen banner is a three-headed dragon, red on black, the three heads representing Aegon and his sisters. The Targaryen words are Fire and Blood.”
I felt this was an important thing to make
#hermione granger’s ruthlessness is so great though #like what an interesting flaw for your super smart overachiever bookworm character to have
#WORD #she’s SUPER SCARY and i love it#this photoset doesn’t even include like#turning a journalist into a beetle and keeping her captive#permanently disfiguring a fellow student for not holding up under pressure#erasing her parents’ identities without giving them any agency or choice
One of my favorite things about Hermione is how ruthlessly practical she is. She’s scary because not only is she book smart; she can take in disparate pieces of information and triage the ever loving shit out of that. Piece X and piece F go together so resolution M. And her mind is quick enough that she makes those choices in seconds. Well-informed choices that also combine instinct. For as much as she’s a bookworm who overthinks things, it’s because she has too much time on her hands to overthink things. Basically, Hermione is built for war. She’s built for conflict and strategy.
Does she always make the “right” or the “good” choices? No. No, she doesn’t. She pulls some truly horrific shit, but out of all of the kids, she’s got the ability to see the breadth that the others don’t. That they shouldn’t. And for all that she does have the ability to see the true size of the fuckery that is going on, she’s also still a child. So she fucks up and learns. And for as horrific as what she did to her parents is - because oh my god - this war is not one they could even comprehend let alone participate in. And I do think it’s a discredit to Hermione to think that she doesn’t get how awful the thing she did is. She knows and she did it anyway because above all else, she wanted them alive to a.) hate her or b.) never knew she existed.
Hermione is a General by the end of this. And the most amazing and horrific thing about that is that she’ll have to deal with the consequences of the choices she made. She was smart enough to know that, going in. So the fact that she walked into this, eyes open, with a truly strong grasp of what actually was going to happen, rather than rose glasses, makes her all the more amazing to me.
(ETA: Even though I don’t condone physical violence, one of my favorite moments is Hermione hitting Harry over the head with the parchment. Because he’s all “I should totally hit it with that fangirl cuz!” and she’s all a.) stop thinking you’re that special, I’ve met you and b.) you don’t treat women like that, even though they think they want you to. Be the better person, Potter. She achieves this with a whack to the head and a glare. LOVE YOU HERMIONE.)
∞ Mary Poppins premiere 1964 vs. Saving. Mr. Banks premiere 2013 ∞
HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY!
Tagged by perfectopposite!
1. What’s your favorite sitcom ever?
2. Who was your childhood hero?
3. Who is your favorite comic book character?
4. What color dominates your wardrobe? ones of the mermaid variety
5. What is the last album or song that you downloaded?
6. Do you play an instrument? Which one? If you don’t play, what instrument would you like to play? I don’t play anything but think guitar would be good so I could:
7. Where is your favorite place to vacation? I don’t count city trips (which are my favorite) as vacation. Therefore—with relaxing in mind—I chose:
8. Do you prefer the city or the country?
9. Who is your favorite comedian or comedy troupe?
10. What is your favorite time of day?
11. Do you prefer blue or black inked pens?
-What does it say?
-Same as all the others.
Kate Mulgrew at the Emmys - 2014
as a birthday present to myself because why not?
1. Favorite song lyric, or one that just has stuck with you for a long time. Love is a whispered prayer; shot like a spark through the heart of dark despair. — from one of the many unheard of and un loved Paula Abdul Songs: Alright Tonight.
2. Funniest misheard song lyric by either you, or a friend. My childhood thinking the lyric from Can you feel the love tonight was “It’s enough to make kings and bags of oz.” What.
3. Your favorite teacher from k-12th grade. If you have more than one, list them all and why they were your favorite. Ok I have literally dozens. In a school of 3,000 students I was supreme teachers pet, and I still brag about it as you can see.
- Nancy Maxwell - english
- Karisa Strader - art
- Robert Goldman - art
- Mark Arcusa - graphic design
- Jim Lipiano - graphic design
- Eric Lemaster - Pysch
- Kelly Price - english
- Kathy Lee - math
- Brent King - art
- …and many more
4. Your dream TV show: what would it be about? Who would you cast? I would just really like to send some of my favorite actresses to space and/or have another solid animated show like Gargoyles. I would love to see Shelley Duvall return to my heart + more Bonnie Hunt always. And can Beth Broderick come over too?
5. Your silliest or best saved URL. Enigmaticpregnantscully - I won’t even explain because I don’t need to.
6. Your favorite friendship that’s happened because of tumblr. (Either a friendship that you personally have, or a friendship you’ve seen unfold on the internutz.) Oh my GOSH so many. Well, YOU wonderwanda and dream1n9big, enigmaticdoctorscully, somuchmorethanthis, danafuckingscully, alienmusk + everyone on my loves page etc. So many…seriously. But I admit to being the closest I think to Shannon…we did go abroad together after all. And my little nugget gatesmcfaddens
7. A person you wish was getting more work but isn’t. (Actor, artist, musician, someone you know in real life who deserves a rad-fucking jorb.) P a u l a A b d u l (this has been the longest dry spell in history).
8. Your first email address. cateyes8588@comcast (hash tag war flashbacks).
9. One thing you remember about 6th grade. Single-handedly winning the school wide reading contest for my class, the scrubs + discovering what is still one of my favorite books of all time Silverwing.
10. The best or most clever ringtone / text tone you’ve heard. Mine is Gillian whistling the X-files theme so I feel pretty cool. #ego.
11. Your Spice Girl patronus. Oh lordy, Jinjeee o’course.